• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone run an 8040 JCB Mini?

jkiser96

Occupation
Concrete truck driver / business owner
I am looking at getting a JCB mini & I'm looking for opinions on these machines. I have a BC430 that has been a good machine but it is time to upgrade a little & my BC salesman has started selling these so since he has always treted me great I will try sticking with him. Any ides or comments are appreciated.

maddog

I just bought a jcb 8015{400hrs} smaller then what you're looking at. I have to say what a great little machine so far. I have done things I would have never expected with it. Granted it isn't a 6-8-or 10,000 lb machine but it does a good job, just takes a little longer. I am using it to clean out ponds, put in drainage pipe, move rocks, and even load logs onto a mill.

RandyS

We had a few we rented, don't really remember any problems other than the pushblade mounting being weak. One of my mechanics bought one that had been rolled a few years back and we finally had to rebuild the engine a few months ago, internal engine parts are pricey