• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone knows what's the usage of these plates

2machine

Occupation
OWNER
See attached pic, what's the usage of these plates?

Attachments

• A17A070B-B43E-42DB-92B5-F0B2A273668A.png
    A17A070B-B43E-42DB-92B5-F0B2A273668A.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 55

Queenslander

We recently bought this pad foot kit for our 563E roller and can vouch for its quality.
Easy to fit and haven’t had to touch a bolt after a hundred hrs or so.
I assumed the scraper plates were just mounted there for transport… not much carrying them around when using the machine as a pad foot.

Queenslander

Very clever…
It appears that the OP is the owner of Bedrock attachments and has extracted a favourable review from me without even asking.
No matter… it is still a good product.

2machine

Occupation
OWNER
Lol, was it Tillys? We work together for over 10 years now.

JAJ

Occupation
Owner operator of small fleet
Yes it was.
We also have a set of your rippers on a dozer that we bought from another dealer.
Are you happy with the rippers? I have been seriously looking at their front blades for graders, to put on my 12G. Haven't seen any in person but the pictures look good.

Queenslander

We haven’t done a huge amount of work with them yet, but so far they have been faultless.
We did rip and push several thousand metres of laterite gravel recently.
Our laterite is not hard rock but is probably the next best thing.
I was a little bit impressed with the ripper tips.
Being non genuine I expected them to wear like butter but they still look almost like new.
We had Gessner make this cutterbar to go on them.
On another note, Tilly’s have recently sold their business to ITR Pacific.
Other than doing away with the dismantling side, I believe it will be business as usual.
IMG_3840.jpeg

JAJ

Occupation
Yeah ok that’s good to hear. I was looking at the rippers for my D6H but I managed to find a secondhand set. Still have to fit them and work out an auxiliary circuit to run them when I get it home for a bit.
I like that cutter bar too! We have a problem with woody weeds here at home. With land prices going through the roof, improving what we have is something that us and a few others around us are looking into. Done a chaining test so far and a little bit of raking. Was thinking a cutter bar or blade plow would be nice to test.

Wow didn’t know that’s what happened at Tilly’s, had heard they had a big change.

Hey on a side note through summer what sort of temps do you see your dozers running at? Still working on getting mine to run cooler, curious what someone doing similar work in similar conditions is getting so I know what I should be aiming at.

Queenslander

Funny you should mention that as I’ve been following your thread and have been experiencing something similar.
Our 6R, with C9 motor, is fine.
Both gauges go to half way and stay there, no matter what you throw at it or how hot the ambient temp. is.
Both gauges on the 7H just about go off scale with constant load in warm weather.
Like your 6H, gauges appear to be reading at least 10c higher than temps checked with two different IR guns.
Changed gauges and senders..made no difference.
Engine temp drops rapidly in neutral.
Trans barely drops, even after 15 minutes.
We had Cat do a TA2 inspection on the tractor before we bought it and all trans. pressures seem to be within spec.
Iam about to change both oil coolers, so see what happens.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That will be a scraper bar for a roller with detachable padfoot shells. When the shells are removed, you install the scraper plates instead of the teeth.

^^^ This.

I have a set for our 533E somewhere... :rolleyes:

JAJ

Occupation
Funny you should mention that as I’ve been following your thread and have been experiencing something similar.
Our 6R, with C9 motor, is fine.
Both gauges go to half way and stay there, no matter what you throw at it or how hot the ambient temp. is.
Both gauges on the 7H just about go off scale with constant load in warm weather.
Like your 6H, gauges appear to be reading at least 10c higher than temps checked with two different IR guns.
Changed gauges and senders..made no difference.
Engine temp drops rapidly in neutral.
Trans barely drops, even after 15 minutes.
We had Cat do a TA2 inspection on the tractor before we bought it and all trans. pressures seem to be within spec.
Iam about to change both oil coolers, so see what happens.
Very interesting!!!!! I’m sorry you’re having a similar drama… but it’s nice to hear I am not on my own, have been starting to wonder if I am going insane with mine LOL. I was wondering if I should go looking for a 7 and maybe I was asking too much of the 6H, but it sounds like it could be a common problem for the H series?
I have a mate not too far away that has a series 1 6H and it seems to be having the same issue too.

I hope the coolers fix it, let me know how you go. Mine looked good but if it works for you I might change mine anyway.
Have you checked your trans lube pressure (last in the circuit)?
My dozer was within spec but at the lower end, good everywhere else. In mine that pressure is flow regulated only, I figured it was a sign of marginal flow and replaced the pump. It seemed to help but not solve all the dramas.