• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone having problems with S300?

bobcats300

Occupation
equipment foreman/mechanic
I have a 2004 Bobcat S300 Turbo. it has as of today 1064.5 hours and lately ive had problems with hydraulic hoses under the cab blowing up. has anyone else had this problem? for the past 65 hours its been running a low flow brushcat mower. would love to figure out why it keeps happening. today a major hose blew. three weeks ago i had an O-ring replaced in a hose under the cab. please help with any suggestions/advise. also has anyone put HID's in the head and tail worklights?

Bobcatdan

Flip the cab and look at the hoses, how many are rubbing. In general hoses don't just blow, they rub threw. Only common hose failure on 300 are lift cylinder hoses, normally rub on the frame.

bobcats300

Occupation
equipment foreman/mechanic
Flip the cab and look at the hoses, how many are rubbing. In general hoses don't just blow, they rub threw. Only common hose failure on 300 are lift cylinder hoses, normally rub on the frame.

ok. what hoses normally rub and what would you use to prevent it? i am good with bobcats but i figure someone who works on them would know better than me what to do about it.