• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone else have scales on their loader ?

mikey531

We just had Loadtronics III installed on my Volvo L90E. They work great ! I have not had one complaint from any truck drivers about being too heavy and I am putting more on them now with the scales than I used too!

mikey531

We use Load Rite and had good luck with them, operator skill has a lot to do with accurate weighing.
You are correct about operator skill. The scales I use has a beep when it has weighed the bucket. I have got to the point now where it doesn't even slow me down. I just back up and lift the bucket a little higher than I normally would and make sure it is rolled back and it beeps and I dump in the truck. I also have the "shake off function" for dumping the last bucket, but I have been loading for so long that I am usually within 1 or 2 hundred pounds of my target weight. I don't know how we got along with out them, also I am the only one who knows how to use them, can you say job security ! The boss hates computers and he won't even get in my loader!

nedly05

You are correct about operator skill. The scales I use has a beep when it has weighed the bucket. I have got to the point now where it doesn't even slow me down. I just back up and lift the bucket a little higher than I normally would and make sure it is rolled back and it beeps and I dump in the truck. I also have the "shake off function" for dumping the last bucket, but I have been loading for so long that I am usually within 1 or 2 hundred pounds of my target weight. I don't know how we got along with out them, also I am the only one who knows how to use them, can you say job security ! The boss hates computers and he won't even get in my loader!

How much are they? I called loadrite and they quoted me 7500 bucks. I would like to be able to have scales on my loader so I know how close to legal my truck is when I leave our pit. The loadrite scales can be off a bit if the loader needs grease, thats what they have at the quarry we run out of.

mikey531

The loadtronic series III we got went for $8500 but they installed it for free so I could demo it for them. The series three is certified for retail sales which is what we will be doing. I can also print a receipt. The series II was less but wasn't able to be state certified for trade. The way we look at it is, if we aren't overloaded three times it will have paid for itself.

nedly05

The loadtronic series III we got went for $8500 but they installed it for free so I could demo it for them. The series three is certified for retail sales which is what we will be doing. I can also print a receipt. The series II was less but wasn't able to be state certified for trade. The way we look at it is, if we aren't overloaded three times it will have paid for itself.

Good call!

kmbrad

I run an old Volvo loader LM846 (1978). My grandad had it new, its part of the family. We have Load Log 500 scales. The cost us around £1500 fitted. Fairly simple but they do the job.