• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anybody who has liftet the cab to renew the rubber seal and paint

Justin Payne

Hello all, I have a Kubota U50. The white paint on the cab is not looking very nice. A lot of rust. There is a sponge like seal under the cab to keep out rainwater. This seal seems to let water into the cab and absorbs water creating rust and green growth. I would like to lift the cab slightly to clean this area thoroughly, paint and renew this seal with something more rubber like. Has anybody loosened and lifted their cab? Or have any other comments? Appreciate any input :)

Attachments

• IMG_7405.JPEG
    IMG_7405.JPEG
    563.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7407.JPEG
    IMG_7407.JPEG
    731.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7409.JPEG
    IMG_7409.JPEG
    825.2 KB · Views: 32
  • InkedIMG_7410_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_7410_LI.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Most excavator cabs are just a shell. Six or eight bolts can be removed from the inside bottom sides and the shell can just be lifted off without messing with any wiring or linkages.

Quint

See if you can get a operators manual, it should have the procedure. Atleast on my Hitachi as John C mentioned its about 6 bolts, mine has a built in jack thing that raises it once its unbolted.

Looks like the same issues I would run into up here in WA state USA. If it doesnt rust, it develops green moss growing on all nooks and crevices. Good indicator for how long things have been without a good wash. If its been a really long time they get ferns growing out of em.