• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any rumours/news on D12?

Deas Plant

Hi, Cat793

D11R cost an absolute BOMB to maintain (more than any other machine)

I have no experience of the 'Kummagutsa' D575A Superdozer but all the reports that I have heard seem to indicate that it's running and maintenance costs are so high that most are getting parked up. I'd be prepared to bet that there is a higher percentage of all Cat D11's ever built still running and working today than there is of the D575's.

and what would a D12 do that 2x D11R could not achieve for far more convenience!

There is such a thing as economy of scale which maintains that a bigger machine will do a given job cheaper than a smaller one or a number of smaller ones, all other things being equal.

Just my 0.02.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
To Gavom84w. Oh contrair. I have indeed sampled working on the oval track Cat final drives, engines, transmissions and just about everything else on them. Us small guys get to and have to do it all. As far as D11's and D10's go us small guys don't have or get any experience with them. As big as it gets here is a D8K. A lot of us small guys don't have much time for the high drives. If all you do is take them apart and put them back together your opinion may be different. As for the rest of us well................that can be a different thing.

Haul-Pak

Thanks for reply. this valve is open and has no pressure on it an any time

Ah well no pressure there mean's the brake's are engaged.

The Pressure for the brake's come's from the rear Main Pump.

Are you sure this pump is at pressure?

When the Tran's lock is in place pressure oil is sent back to the tank for the brake's.

Unlock the Tran's lock and oil is sent to the brake's but it must go through the Tow Valve to get to the brake's.

Have to Investigate more.

Still dont think they will make a D12 ... The Highest Cost pre hour machine here (CAT) is the 385 Hoe's .... They are weak and need constant repair's but they do a Thankless job.

Last edited: