• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any CAT guys able to help understand the differences? 302.7 07A CR vs 302.7D CR vs 302.7A CR

s2dm

Hey All, looking at a few cat 302.7s, all open ROPS, all 21 or 22s. But seeing wide discrepancy in pricing and cant tell the differences between the following:

302.7 07A CR
302.7D CR
302.7A CR

Found a good deal on an under 400hrs 302.7 07A CR but a touch anxious about grabbing it with cash a bit tight due to new baby at home. Just want to make sure I fully understand the differences.

ahart

The D is an older model than the other two, before they did away with the “letter” models. As for the 07A/7A, I cannot find any supporting information from Cat that mentions this. On the for sale sites, they all seem to be CZ6 prefix machines. The book mentions nothing about “07a” Maybe someone else will come along and point out the difference but I don’t see anything obvious.

ahart

Can you explain further? Was that offered on both the D and the nextgen? I’m not at all familiar with these landscaping machines.

s2dm

I guess maybe a better question would be, less than a year old, still under cat premium warranty, few hundred hours, anything to worry about?