• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another old truck

Welder Dave

Went out to a field full of older heavy equipment today. The same place that had the Autocar extended cab truck. Took a pic. of this truck but no idea what it is.

Attachments

• 20240407_125409.jpg
    20240407_125409.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44

56wrench

Definitely an IH. Easier to tell the difference between a K and KB in the small trucks due to the side extensions of the grille(or lack of)

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I think that is a KB. The only reason I say that is because of the grill (unless it has been changed). There are holes to mount the chrome strips. AFAIK all of the K models had a plain grill (no chrome). I have a KB-1 that I put a center grill off of a K-1 on. So I know they were interchangeable on the pickups, I'm guessing the same is true on the bigger trucks as well??

Welder Dave

When I go back out I'll see if there's a tag or something that could better identify it. I'll take some more pics. of the extended cab Autocar too. Lots of neat old stuff out there.