• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another leak

Welder Dave

Went out to clear the driveway at my MX track today with an 86 Champion 730A. Clutch is working good and new slave cylinder doesn't appear to be leaking. What I did notice is oil on top of the hyd. tank. I'll have to clean everything to see if I can see where the oil is coming from. There's 2 or 3 return hoses and I'm hoping a clamp or 2 just needs tightening. If the hoses are leaking looks like it wouldn't be fun to change them. I didn't check the oil level but maybe it's a little too full and when it gets hot overflows? I added 2 pails of oil after having the articulation valve off. That would be the best case scenario but I'm afraid could bd wishful thinking too. I did have to change 1 hose clamps though on the pump inlet hose on the other side of the tank. It's going to be 8C the next couple of days so I think I might go back out to investigate. Always something to fix but other than not having articulation the grader is working great. The snow was soft and extremely slippery. With the ripper on the back it doesn't steer very sharp. Probably a good idea to put the tractor chains on the front wheels while it's warmer too.