• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

American 9535 question

BigIron25

Hello everyone! I am operating a new crane (well for me, certainly not new by age) and it’s a barge (pedestal) mounted American 9535. I admittedly don’t have a deep knowledge of American Crawler cranes or friction cranes in general (I typically operate newer hydraulic rigs) and I was wondering if anyone could give me some backstory on the 9535 in particular. I’ve operated American 7250s, 9270s, and 9310s before, but have never seen a 9535. It has some hydraulic controls under the house for easy self removal of the counterweight stack that leads me to think it may have been a truck crane in its past life? The only picture I’ve been able to find is of it mounted on a heavy duty stand alone trailer. I’d also be interested to know what the original capacity was for the crane if anyone knows. I have the load charts now, but it’s all for barge/offshore work, so considerably de-rated. She’s fun to operate, but a little slow compared to the smaller 9270! Also different using a hydraulic swing with friction hoists!

KyleWilliams

you still have this? I would be interested in the barge if you do... I have a american 399bc crawler crane they are good old machines.