• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allison tt series transmission issue

zlssefi

Back in business! I changed out all the parts including seals, gasket, 2nd turbine and splines and lock tabs. Everything works flawlessly now! Fire away if you have any questions!

Attachments

• allison1.jpg
    allison1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 18
  • allison2.jpg
    allison2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 17
  • allison3.jpg
    allison3.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 17
  • allison4.jpg
    allison4.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 15

zlssefi

And more because only 4 files at a time......

Attachments

• allison5.jpg
    allison5.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 12
  • allison6.jpg
    allison6.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 13
  • allison7.jpg
    allison7.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 15

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
84C544DF-4544-43AE-93D7-06C562AB8753.jpeg D38A73A1-791C-4F65-AE68-8F221E2F40C1.jpeg CEF4BB4D-2EA6-44DE-BFB7-88282F108A01.jpeg F52021CE-455D-4E82-87AE-ABD8299E6798.jpeg I got torque converter apart today, picture 4 has a piece out of it and picture 1 the bolt holes are a little out of round and 1 broken bolt ( it was still in the bolt hole so it never went through the transmission, going to check spragge but not sure how to,

zlssefi

boom! found it. your 2nd turbine splines are NOT happy. Im 90 percent sure thats how mine looked when the last poor sap took it apart before me, they just happened to last 15 years in my hands. I didnt really get a great look at my sprag but id guess your sump had a bunch of metal in it from that one??

zlssefi

Parts unlimited in Missouri is the place to go. Tom Hall was the guy i dealt with. I think the sprag was around 950 bucks, 2nd turbine was 485 used, 500 something new. How does your ground sleeve look? thats the part that the turbine section bearings mount to in the converter housing.

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
They’re ok a little mark but I think I can file it out. That is in the converter housingwhere the bearing is in correct

zlssefi

Yes, the ground sleeve is the only part left when the entire converter assembly is removed. The converter pump seal and bearings ride on it.

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
Parts are ordered from Tom just waiting on them, then sending the gear/ inner shaft out to machine shop to get it built up of course we need the parts first, so it will be a while before a put it together.

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
Oh good I got it going again just like you said, I have another post about it . I thought that’s where I talked to you about it, I followed what you told me and it was a little scary but it all worked out fine, and it works the way it is suppose to. Thanks so much for all the advice.

Daren Cox

Occupation
Engineer by trade to pay for my farming habit
Hey guys,

Years ago i bought a TEREX 7231 BA wheel loader with the two speed allison tt2000 series transmission in it. It has been a good machine for many years. After this past snow storm one of my operators told me that it was very slow in 1st gear and reverse, but 2nd gear seems more normal speed wise. The only thing ive had time to check so far was to verify the complaint and to check the clutch pressure on the dash which appears to be normal in neutral, 1st, 2nd and reverse. Im going to drop the filter and fluid tomorrow to start looking into this but do these symptoms ring a bell as to what the issue might be? Just seems odd that both 1st and reverse are equally slow.

Thanks in advance!

I'm Digging into a TT in a wheel loader that has a bad suction tube seal. I faintly remember Daddy replacing it 30 some years ago. Can I take the torque converter housing and torque converter off in one piece ?

Rustyfender

Occupation
Equipment operator
I had to take torque converter apart so I could take tc housing off. It was trickery still in machine , but we did it, our engine was out of machine at the time. The transmission remained in machine

Daren Cox

Occupation
Engineer by trade to pay for my farming habit
I had to take torque converter apart so I could take tc housing off. It was trickery still in machine , but we did it, our engine was out of machine at the time. The transmission remained in machine
I'm pulling the engine as well, I am hoping the TC and the housing can be slipped off to get me to the suction tube.