• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allis Chalmers HW250

CatMatt

Occupation
Earthmover
Found This dozer in the bush. Apparently this dozer was made in italy and is considered very rare.Does anyone know where to get parts for this dozer?
(lookin at just a farm tractor/restoration build).
The decals say HD11 but is incorrect.
Apparently it is an HW250

Attachments

• 24052009177.jpg
    24052009177.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 8,383
  • 24052009180.jpg
    24052009180.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5,342
  • 24052009179.jpg
    24052009179.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 8,302

northwest41

Allis Chalmer HW250

Sorry but the dozer in the picture is an old HD11 Allis Chalmers, manufactured in Springfield Ill.

hat malkes it older tham 1974 when Fiat and Allis merged, but by that time Allis was out with their HB11 Series B, so tat would make your dozer likely back in tyhe 60's. Depending on what the actual model is will determine what options the unit has. For example an HD11EP would be an HD11 with a torque converter coupled to a powershift transmission. (I think), it's been a while.

The engine, if it is non turboed would be an Allis model 10000, turbo charged would be an 11000. If it is really old (pre 1960), although I doubt it, it would have had a D644 (could be a D344) Allis engine, again it has been a while.

Parts should be available at MinPar in Illinois, they have a web site.

Hope this helps

CatMatt

Occupation
Earthmover
Sorry but the dozer in the picture is an old HD11 Allis Chalmers, manufactured in Springfield Ill.

hat malkes it older tham 1974 when Fiat and Allis merged, but by that time Allis was out with their HB11 Series B, so tat would make your dozer likely back in tyhe 60's. Depending on what the actual model is will determine what options the unit has. For example an HD11EP would be an HD11 with a torque converter coupled to a powershift transmission. (I think), it's been a while.

The engine, if it is non turboed would be an Allis model 10000, turbo charged would be an 11000. If it is really old (pre 1960), although I doubt it, it would have had a D644 (could be a D344) Allis engine, again it has been a while.

Parts should be available at MinPar in Illinois, they have a web site.

Hope this helps

Hi Northwest. I was there with the owner of this dozer and he has all the shop/part manuals. He says that the dozer was made in italy and is a HW250 just been badged with HD11. However i believe that it would most prob share same undercarriage with an HD11. The owner of this dozer says that it is not an allis chalmers motor. (he couldnt remember the make of motor). however the motor came with dozer from factory so not an repower. It is non-turbo. Its a 4cylinder,two heads, electric start. Will have 2get more info bout engine next time at dozer. This dozer is clutch manual trans and no powershift. We believe that it could be a fiat motor seeing that it was made in italy. (possibly the first run of fiat-allis????) I dare say that this dozer would be early 60s if not earlier.

td25c

Howdy CatMatt & northwest41.The fuel tank,sheet metal,track frames,hydraulic cylinders&blade look to be allis-chalmers.The allis-chalmers used a 6 cylinder engine.This could be a rare dozer.My guess is it is an early fiat-allis design.Fiat and allis-chalmers merged in 1974.It is possible that fiat reserched and made a limited number of prototypes a few years before the merge.This is my best guess.I dont know about the engine,but as far as parts go,I would say the dozer is the same as an allis-chalmers hd 11.You have a rare dozer ,keep us posted on what you fined out CatMatt.

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
Hi I've worked many Allis's & Fiats 11's & 14's Fiats liked big 4 cylinder engines the back looks Allis Chalmers The blade rams mount look Fiat so looks an early Fiat-Allis It looks interesting someone hopefully knows

CatMatt

Occupation
Earthmover
More Info

Gday All

I got some more info about this dozer. It a 1966 model 250H Allis Chalmers Dozer. The motor is an S.P.A Italiana (not sure what S.P.A stands For). This dozer was made in italy and is a HD-14 Size. There is also an 350HW dozer of this type.

Has anyone at all heard of an 250H????

CatMatt

Occupation
Earthmover
few more pics

some pics

Attachments

• 24052009182jj.jpg
    24052009182jj.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4,846
  • 24052009181gg.jpg
    24052009181gg.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 4,880

Ira

Allis Chalmers HD11

I have an Allis Chalmers HD-11 Dozer 516 cu. in diesel. I need help timing the poor thing. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ira

Ian Beale

Allis must have had a plant in Italy well before the Fiat Allis merger which happened around the mid 1970's. Our FA 10 parts book lists the change from Fiat 10 to FA 10 but doesn't give the exact date around here. I think you'll find that the dozers below HD 16B became Fiat after the merger.

From a 1970 Power Farming Annual Additions to non-current crawler tractors we get

1964-65 Allis D 150H, 1968-69 Allis 250H

Ira, there are repro manuals available. We're reactivating an Allis Forty Five grader and got manuals via Jensales. Others advertise too.

Ian Beale

I missed one - 1969-70 Allis 350

Test numbers for all are Italian Govt 111, 61, 131.

Good luck on finding them.

Tétév

Hello, sorry, my english is verry bad, i have one Allis 350, 1960-1962, 19t, 200hp, allis chalmers italiana

Mergenthaler

Occupation
Director Sales Development and Export
it's definitely a HD 11. The only strange detail is the fixing of the shield. US made HD11 fix the shield just with one bar.
I did not know, that HD 11 had been manufactured elsewhere.
I knew HW 150 and HW 250 (formerly "HS") in Italy and that stuff was a catastrophy and damaged severely AC's reputation in Germany.
I was Apprentice in Germany with AC's Importers and luckily I have still some brochures, even it's almost 50 years that
I became an ALLIS-CHALMERS fan.

Mergenthaler

Occupation
poor fellow!
these Italian license products did not compare with original US made AC's qualitywise.
Especially lifetime of steering clutch was a desaster.

Mergenthaler

Occupation
you are right
I was apprentise with AC's importers to Germany.
It was HS 150 and HS 250 as license products with questionable quality.
We sold some few inside Germany ( 1964 - 1966) and then truned back to the real thing
from Milwaukee.

bushy

Hi Northwest. I was there with the owner of this dozer and he has all the shop/part manuals. He says that the dozer was made in italy and is a HW250 just been badged with HD11. However i believe that it would most prob share same undercarriage with an HD11. The owner of this dozer says that it is not an allis chalmers motor. (he couldnt remember the make of motor). however the motor came with dozer from factory so not an repower. It is non-turbo. Its a 4cylinder,two heads, electric start. Will have 2get more info bout engine next time at dozer. This dozer is clutch manual trans and no powershift. We believe that it could be a fiat motor seeing that it was made in italy. (possibly the first run of fiat-allis????) I dare say that this dozer would be early 60s if not earlier.

bushy

This machine is definatley a 250HW made in Italy I owned one in in the 1960s similar in size to an early D5 they also made a 350 HW roughly the size between a D6 & D7