• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

all terrain forklift with remotes

jatt

Hi,

Currently looking around for a all terrain forklift.
It needs to be under 6000 Kg as due to the payload limit of my truck. On occasions it will need to be transported.
The yard is a mix of gravel and dirt, which of course becomes mud this time of year. So I cant see a standard forklift doing too well around here.

Honestly think a 2 tonne (2000 Kg) unit will suffice. My FEL, a 45 Hp unit isn't much good to lift over about 400 Kg with the forks on. Then there is the lack of height one can get with the FEL. Always seem to need a couple of foot in extra height. It earns its keep mainly as a tow motor, utilising the 3pl to tow trailers, and what we call caravans around the yard.

Has anyone come across an all terrain forklift with remotes? When not being used for its intended purpose, would be handy to run things like the block splitter, both here and off site. The glorified tow motor seems a bit lacking wrt how much pressure I can get out of the remotes. Its a cheapie chinese, so it is what it is.

Of course a telehandler would be ideal, but even secondhand they still seem a bit outside the budget.