• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

All I can say is WOW.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I hope no one got hurt. Even without the forks breaking loose, I bet he had a sore neck and back later on from using the machine like a battering ram. Not trying to be mean, but I hope he learned his lesson.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Were did they find that xxxxxxx!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowirondude

Occupation
USMC Heavy Equipment Operator
just as the posts said below the video....dumb and dumber. Just listening to the guy in the cab, and watching his body language and somewhat slurred speech, I would almost say this guy was inebriated....makes one wonder.

BDFT

Good thing he had eye protection on. :rolleyes: If he had been working for me he wouldn't be after seeing that. What a moron.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Friends don't let Friends borrow their equipment...:cool2

Greasypin

Occupation
mechanic
besides his buddy going holy xxxx or O crap is the idea of even using a decent set of forks to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

Occupation
land Survey Assistant
would it have been all that hard to use their power saw, and lets say dig up the root ball ? they already did 1/2 the job of cutting........

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I could barely watch this go down. I have a friend with one of the largest Gehls made. He is also in the tree business and trees like that the wiggle he will use the forks to dig it up quick and easy.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I've said this before--I wonder whether the "let's post this to YouTube" syndrome has been responsible for any fatalities yet?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Looks like Beavis and Butthead stole the keys to the skidsteer out of ol' man Anderson's shop again...:rolleyes:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
+1. Although I never liked the whole "Darwin Award" thing, those people are asking to get killed.

Maybe he didn't get hurt, but I'm surprised. The forks may have landed on front of the machine, but you can see in the video that he broke the coupler on the left side and that chunk of the coupler came inside the cab. Not much room in there for things to bounce around.