• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

All Dozer Drivers Deserve Adulation.

Marsh Mutt

For any old bulldozer operators out there who have ever felt under-appreciated during their careers, just imagine for a moment what it would be like to don a full African chief's spotless white regalia, take your rightful place atop the throne of a weathered Cat D8, and proceed to scrape a full blade of dirt, swarmed by a jubilant crowd mobbing your lumbering mechanical steed, and ululating their unbounded adulation as you tame the growling beast, under the watchful eye of the press corps, and your Kalashnikov-wielding security contingent.

Certainly, Andy Warhol would have approved of the notion that every 'dozer operator should experience this rite of passage at least once before they retire from active duty. :notworthy Moving the Earth.jpg

Attachments

• Dozer Driving Chief.jpg
    Dozer Driving Chief.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:

Cmark

I haven't got a turtling clue what all this is about, but I do like the photos~~~

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I have always aspired to compliments from other dozer operators.Ron G

Marsh Mutt

Ha ha Ron, I agree that earning the respect of one's peers is a good thing, but if that recognition isn't forthcoming, then the cheers from a rented crowd will do just fine for me.

Taking a Bow.jpg

Last edited:

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
These times there are lots of dozer operators/ cat drivers, but a very small minority are cat skinners.
Mike

Marsh Mutt

I certainly won't be the one to make any jokes about there being more than one way to skin a cat, at this juncture.

Marsh Mutt

Correct Ron. The paid crowd only find out when they arrive at the venue, whether the day's agenda calls for mourning, celebration or both.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
They call it welfare in this country:))Ron G

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Looks like a D6D to me .
I think you are right and I ran one for years,nice dozers too,a real hot rod.Mine had the ROPS,probably mandatory in this country.Ron G