• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Air blead valve

Welder Dave

I'm replacing the slave cylinder on the grader. The existing cylinder has a brass thumb wheel "air vent" for bleeding. It is very tight in the cylinder. When I replaced the master cylinder I wasn't exactly sure what it was and tried to turn the whole assembly out but it wasn't budging. I was thinking a standard T type radiator style drain could be used instead. They both appear to be rated at 150 PSI but I think the T style would hold the pressure better because the seat direction is being pushed closed by the pressure rather than trying to push the seat open. I also like you couldn't accidently drop the thumb wheel and lose it. Hopefully that made sense. Here's a pic. of the original style and of the rad. style. Do you think there would be any issues the rad. T style? I could use a standard brake bleeder screw too but not needing a wrench is nice. It was really easy to bleed the last time.

Last edited: