• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AIM hydraulic quick coupler too wide for thumb - how to shave 10mm off the inside of the thumb ears

crazydane

Just got my AIM QC for my TB260. Unfortunately, its 10mm too wide and my TAG thumb won't slide over it.

IMG_6194.JPEG

IMG_6192.JPEG

IMG_6193.JPEG

So I guess take out the grinder and start grinding away at the inside of the thumb boss on the side with the lock pin?

Last edited:

crazydane

Turns out I could fit the thumb onto my cut off saw:

IMG_6195.JPEG

It was a chore to cut and the thumb and/or saw would move as I was cutting. When I was done, I was shocked to discover I had cut off 20mm instead of 10mm. I did a little bit more than 10mm on purpose as I wanted to make sure it would slip on. I guess there was just a lot of wobble in the abrasive disk.

Anyway, as it turns out, the piece I cut off made for a nice washer to make up for the gap:

IMG_6197.JPEG

I suppose I could weld it back on one day, but having a thick washer should work just as well I would think.