• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Agco Allis once Allis Chalmers

BIG D

allis

The engines were used in KWS Jimmys and Freightliners.A close friend of mine just retired from a hydro electric plant that still had Allis generators in use. the were close to 100 yrs old. He use too get calls from all over the midwest to seek advise as how to repair them so there must be a lot of the old units still in use. One further note Google Allis truck engines to find a fair amout of info. about them thanks BIG D

td25c

Yep,at one point in time if it was mechanical,Allis-Chalmers made it.A good book for the A/C people is"The Allis-Chalmers Story" by author Charles H. Wendel .Allot of history in it.It's a good read.

Occupation
Farmer
Nice 220 pbean I love the orange paint I grew up driving a 190 XT and 8050s still have one 8050 and 190. You must be good with the paint gun.

td25c

2012 Allis-Chalmers lawn tractor

Stopped in a local lawn mower shop yesterday to pick up a kill switch and dang near fell over when I spotted this 2012 model Allis-Chalmers AC130 riding mower in the showroom.It's made by Simplicity and the way I understand they still own the rights to the Allis-Chalmers name.I thought it was a cool looking rigg and the price wasent bad on it.If it ever starts raining again I might buy one;) www.allischalmerslawn.com

MBTRAC

Great to hear the Allis-Chalmers name lives on !!!

Just hope they come up with something soon to replace my last remaining AC tractor.

My old 7580, remains as honest & faithful to the original AC advertising today as the day it was delivered new to my family back in 1979 - "EATS ACRES, SIPS FUEL"

Attachments

• Allis 7580.jpg
    Allis 7580.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,868
  • AC7580a.JPG
    AC7580a.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 926

icestationzebra

Stopped in a local lawn mower shop yesterday to pick up a kill switch and dang near fell over when I spotted this 2012 model Allis-Chalmers AC130 riding mower in the showroom.It's made by Simplicity and the way I understand they still own the rights to the Allis-Chalmers name.I thought it was a cool looking rigg and the price wasent bad on it.If it ever starts raining again I might buy one;) www.allischalmerslawn.com

I would like the mower if it looked like a 7000 or 8000 series tractor. As it is it looks kind of like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. ISZ