• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket CTL tracks

zigblazer

I need a track for my 277B, the drive lugs ripped off one of mine. It had lots of tread left, not sure what brand it was, but I'd like for that not to happen again. I only use it for my house, doing landscaping and loading sandy gravel for myself. Personal use, not a business. I've had it a little over a year and put 250 hours on it. About 10 working with sand/gravel and most of the rest in dirt/mud.

I don't think I'd ever wear a track out, or run on rough enough stuff to cut one up. I don't even plow with it or use it in the winter at all. Just need one to stay in one piece.

I was looking at a Prowler track. Has anyone used them, or have any other suggestions for a replacement?

I requested a quote from MWE. I also have to wait for my old house to sell before I can afford to get a track, so I'm stuck with a useless machine for a bit.

Occupation
Driver
I need a track for my 277B, the drive lugs ripped off one of mine. It had lots of tread left, not sure what brand it was, but I'd like for that not to happen again. I only use it for my house, doing landscaping and loading sandy gravel for myself. Personal use, not a business. I've had it a little over a year and put 250 hours on it. About 10 working with sand/gravel and most of the rest in dirt/mud.

I don't think I'd ever wear a track out, or run on rough enough stuff to cut one up. I don't even plow with it or use it in the winter at all. Just need one to stay in one piece.

I was looking at a Prowler track. Has anyone used them, or have any other suggestions for a replacement?

I requested a quote from MWE. I also have to wait for my old house to sell before I can afford to get a track, so I'm stuck with a useless machine for a bit.

I just sold one of my old tracks on my old 277 for $100.
I do not have any experience with Prowler, but have purchased 2 sets from MWE and have been completely satisfied so far!

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
I had a set of ITR tracks on my tl150. Had 200 hours on them and one of them came apart. The metal drive lugs are just molded into the rubber track. Once the rubber splits near the lug they can pull out. One metal lug popped out and I thought it was going to be ok. But within an hour of loading logs 10 came out and then sprocket tore the center of the track out...

I have the straight bar dozer type tracks and ITR did not have any in stock in GA. Needed to be freighted from MS. I did not have time to wait so I bought an Earthworks C pattern track from Wilson Findley. Cost was $1000.00 for one.
I have been using the the C pattern with the bar pattern on the other side. I have been in mud and dry dirt and I have not be able to notice a difference in how they pull.

I believe I was operating on a bank the first time that track derailed on a side slope. Once you hear a pop or creak STOP and dont move. Dont let the drive motor force it back on.. A few times of that and the tracks will break apart! I have looked to see if any of the tracks have a better way of holding the metal lugs in place, It would be nice if the metal lugs were all attached to each other like a dozer, then have bolt on rubber pads but they are made cheap and they come apart and break. If you find something new let us know!

Last edited:

heymccall

That's odd. I run almost strictly ITR tracks, and NEVER had a bar pull out. Broken the cables on a few high hour ones, but, the only bars pulled out were on the OEM bridgestones.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Well you know it is august. So far I have broken the tl150 track, dropped a log on to the dump truck door denting the door and ripping the mirror off, my 90 gallon aluminum transfer tank decided to pop apart at the welds, de-tracked my excavator, almost de-tracked the 953 the chain was off the sprocket, broken my trailer at least 5 times requiring welds on the ramps and frame, broken 3 16' trailer boards. I still have all my fingers and toes so life is good. :)