• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket CTL tracks

Edward Porter

Today was not the best. I blew the track on my Gehl CTL 85. Was warking on frozen swell and ripped one in half and the other 1/2 way through. I was able to drag the machine up on my rollback and unload it in the shop. The manure and snow is melting so I can clean it off it get a set of new tracks . 1200 hours on machine, Rollers are good but track had started to separate a couple hundred hours ago. What is the best aftermarket track and what should I stay away from? Appreciate everyones inputs Thanks in advance for your opinions

skata

not sure about the best, but you can find some good deals on ebay for tracks. sounds like you should have had a backup set ready to go...

denalidigger

Not bad, I usually get 1000 hours out of a set. But we use and abuse it like a mini dozer! Careful with aftermarket tracks, get what ya pay for.. I tried that once and they lasted 400 hours. I spend couple hundred more and get name brand off ebay or through my dealer. Camoplast, prowler, MWE are all good aftermarket brands.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have used Trojan replacement tracks on a mini ex, and I am happy with the quality of them. The price was really good. I have been using these for replacement tracks on my CTL's www.srjinc.com

I like the multi bar design, they hook better than the large pad oem style tracks in my opinion. Much better in the Winter as well. Great avatar pic by the way.

skata

how much would it cost to get the oem bridgestone tracks? dealer just told me bad idea!

Hysert

I put a set of camoplast SD on our SVL90. They have been great!! Winter and summer!! About a 1000hrs on them and at 40/50%

Edward Porter

Went on Ebay and asked for a quote from Midwest Equipment. Guy called yesterday morning and I bought a pair of MWE tracks. 5 day to ship to the ranch. C bar tread design like I had. $2400 to my door. Gehl dealer wanted for OEM Take tracks $7K plus shipping. Pretty proud !. I cut the one track off machine as it was torn 1/2 thru and cleaned up the snow , ice and manure packed around the track assemblies. UGGGH! Rollers are good and sprocket. I am ready for putting the new ones on. Meanwhile the barnyard is getting deeper in sh*t

ilovetracks

when my tl140 ones blew out I chickened out and bought oem! Dealer had a lot of horror stories with aftermarket and they sell those too. Get what you pay for and the warranties are prorated remember that. either way don't forget new sprockets. anymore everytime I go cheap in the end I pay double and have to do it twice.

skata

when my tl140 ones blew out I chickened out and bought oem! Dealer had a lot of horror stories with aftermarket and they sell those too. Get what you pay for and the warranties are prorated remember that. either way don't forget new sprockets. anymore everytime I go cheap in the end I pay double and have to do it twice.
how much did the oem tracks cost?

denalidigger

i just bought camoplast tracks for my tv380, from my dealer they were 2,100.00.. Not bad at all and I really like the camoplast track and design.

Edward Porter

Got my tracks on Friday. They look real good. I spent about 2 hrs on one side and 15 mins on the other replacing the tracks. Faster with a knuckle boom crane putting them on than a little kobota tractor that didn't have enough muscle. The MWE tracks work very well. Been loading wet manure in the mud today

skata

i've seen some of the pics of mwe tracks having rubber where the rollers ride, instead of metal to metal like oem.
how are yours setup?

XFXpGVF.jpg

Tags

The rubber is a coating from manufacturing the tracks, there is steel under there. I've put a few sets of these on other peoples machines and they always come trough looking like that, the Camoplast/Solideal ones do anyway....

skata

ok, so its not like a thick rubber rail like in the pic above, like how the latest takeuchis ride on rubber now instead of steel?

Occupation
Driver
Edward,
I think you will really like the MWE tracks. I put the "multi-bar" design on my Cat 277 before I sold it, and within the last 6 months put the J-Pattern tracks on my Cat 279c. I'm really impressed with them and they gave me a sprocket gauge.
I'm fortunate to live close by them!