• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AFC type pump

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
The fuel shut off over ride? That's kind of before my time, but I believe it had an electric solenoid that opened when battery power was applied, and fuel could go through to run the engine. But if the solenoid failed, the valve would close and the fuel would stop flowing. So there is a little bolt or something that you tighten down and it will open the valve manually, thus, you can get it home to replace the solenoid at a later time. Or it could be something completely different.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
The fuel shut off over ride? That's kind of before my time, but I believe it had an electric solenoid that opened when battery power was applied, and fuel could go through to run the engine. But if the solenoid failed, the valve would close and the fuel would stop flowing. So there is a little bolt or something that you tighten down and it will open the valve manually, thus, you can get it home to replace the solenoid at a later time. Or it could be something completely different.

I believe your right.But I think you srew it out wards to open the fuel flow.Sure was handy I think some of the older ones had a Manual kill cable but I'm not sure on that.