• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

advice

jd farmer

looking to the experts for advice.i have a d5 direct drive dozer.do i need to decelerate when i change direction from forward and back? it does not have a foot decelerator,just a hand throtle.not sure if i have enuff hands to all that!! any advice is appreciated thanks guys jd.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Asnswer is no,unless you have other problems?
There is small clutch setup that stops the tranmission for a moment to kept it from grinning when you shift.If this woreout or out of adjustment at full throttle it will grind,not good.

Been awhile,but if everything is right just hit clutch left hand and move shuttle lever,then engage clutch.Good too go!

When everything was working like it should,i didn't mind running the direct drive.D6C is the machine i ran.Good luck.

stray cat.Inc

Occupation
Farming and Fixing
No you do not need to change your engine speed. With a direct drive cat (standard) your control is how abruptly you engage your clutch when you change directions. I have an old D4D, I pick a throttle setting suitable for the type of work I'm doing and leave it alone. Hope this helps, good luck.
Richard