• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Advertisment

05rammer

I have a small brush clearing and grading business and have been able to get a few jobs but not as many as I'd like. I've put out business cards at stores with posting boards. I know that the best advertisement is word of mouth but I can't seem to get tapped into the local market. What kind of advertising do you guys use? Any help would be appreciated.

woorarra

Hi,

Have you got an online pressure? Website or, dare I say it, facebook?

It all helps in brand awareness, we do brochures and when I get spare time I do mailbox drops, it all helps.

What's your point of difference?

Why would someone choose you over the competition?

Word of mouth takes time unfortunately.

Persistence pays off!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Just thinking off top of my head but have you tried stopping by sites where new construction is going on? How about talking to realtors, they may have properties that need sprucing up to make them more attractive for sale. Drop off some business cards at the local diner, around hear they often have bulletin boards for local contractors to post them. If not already done put signs on the side of your truck with a phone number. One more idea, stop by local quarries or gravel beds and see if you can talk to their salesmen, they might have people looking for someone to do that kind of work in preparation for a project.