• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Actuators

Axel

What is the difference between actuator#7101672 and actuator#7104842?

can I use either one on an 863F?

My service manual only has 7104842 listed but I've seen an actuator#7101672 with a list of compatible machines that included an 863.

here is a link to where I found this info:
http://www.reducescrapping.com/Comp...2-bobcat-lift-tilt-actuator-skid-steer-n-r.do
can anyone confirm?

will I need to buy an adapter?

the one I found for sale(on a different page) might be going fast!
thanks

Last edited:

crewchief888

What is the difference between actuator#7101672 and actuator#7104842?

can I use either one on an 863F?

My service manual only has 7104842 listed but I've seen an actuator#7101672 with a list of compatible machines that included an 863.

here is a link to where I found this info:
http://www.reducescrapping.com/Comp...2-bobcat-lift-tilt-actuator-skid-steer-n-r.do
can anyone confirm?

will I need to buy an adapter?

the one I found for sale(on a different page) might be going fast!
thanks

7101672 is the most recent PN# for plastic acs controllers
7104842 should be for metal case controllers.

to use 7101672 actuators you must have v.63 (or higher) software

actuators for plastic and metal case controllers are NOT interchangable.

they may or may not work, even if they do work, the lifespan is short

:drinkup

Axel

darn, I could get a good deal on the 7101672 but my controller(located in the frame on the left?) looks metal.

called my local bobcat dealer and at first they said it would fit, but when I checked the bobcat parts catalog online it only showed actuator#7104842.
so I called again and after checking again they said that they must have gotten my serial number wrong the first time because it only showed up as actuator#7104842 this time.

My serial number starts with 514427... the machine was built in December 1998

crewchief888

darn, I could get a good deal on the 7101672 but my controller(located in the frame on the left?) looks metal.

called my local bobcat dealer and at first they said it would fit, but when I checked the bobcat parts catalog online it only showed actuator#7104842.
so I called again and after checking again they said that they must have gotten my serial number wrong the first time because it only showed up as actuator#7104842 this time.

My serial number starts with 514427... the machine was built in December 1998

on an F series machine, the only controller available at the time were metal case.

Axel

Thank You crewchief888

I guess it's a good thing that it's metal because the actuators (if bought from a dealer) are cheaper.

out of curiosity.. has anyone ever replaced the metal controller for a plastic? any benefit? do the instrument panels need to be replaced with that, run new wiring..?

Btw, do tilt actuators fail more frequently? the tilt actuator which has failed in this machine is the newer style while the older style actuator for lift is still there.

Last edited:

crewchief888

Thank You crewchief888

I guess it's a good thing that it's metal because the actuators (if bought from a dealer) are cheaper.

out of curiosity.. has anyone ever replaced the metal controller for a plastic? any benefit? do the instrument panels need to be replaced with that, run new wiring..?

it's not possible, F series machines dont have the support (computer/electrical) that the later g series machines have.

you found be looking at replacing the cab, seat bar, panels, wiring harnesses, adding a bobcat controller, and ACS controller and newer style actuators. (all G series components).

the other thing that has been done, is getting rid of all the handles, actuators, and wiring for the ACS, and converting to foot controls. i have one customer that did this, he ended up guying a scrap machine for all the parts he needed. as far as i know it worked. :beatsme

Btw, do tilt actuators fail more frequently? the tilt actuator which has failed in this machine is the newer style while the older style actuator for lift is still there.

it's about 50/50 on actuator failures

Axel

to use 7101672 actuators you must have v.63 (or higher) software

actuators for plastic and metal case controllers are NOT interchangable.

they may or may not work, even if they do work, the lifespan is short

is this definitive? the reason I bring this up again is that someone who is currently selling an actuator with part number 7101672 told me that it should work fine in place of 7104842.

it would be nice to have a spare for a good price.

Last edited:

Axel

I wouldn't be inclined to bet against crewchief888 when the subject is Bobcat.

crewchief888 has definitely presented the most comprehensive response to my question so far.
I was just surprised when the person selling part number 7101672 told me it would work fine in place of 7104842.

I don't plan to risk using the incorrect part number at this time.

crewchief888

crewchief888 has definitely presented the most comprehensive response to my question so far.
I was just surprised when the person selling part number 7101672 told me it would work fine in place of 7104842.

I don't plan to risk using the incorrect part number at this time.

the 7101672 is for plastic ACS controllers.

theres a chance that some early plastic controllers may have had 7104842 actuator in them originally.

some very early g series machines had some strange electrical things going on, ACS systems went through a transition of sorts, almost like they were trying to use up old stocks of parts.

i know that for metal case controllers must use the 7104842 actuators.

thanks to ya'll for the vote of confidence :notworthy

ive been pulling wrenches on const eq for over 30 years, over 1/2 that time at bobcat dealers.

Axel

Thank YOU crewchief888!:notworthy
It seems to me that you are a truly crucial member of this forum

Update: Turns out I must have moved some gears when originally cleaning the actuators.
Today after messing around for an hour or so, I figured out how to manually reset neutral and got the older style actuator installed and working again.
Now it looks like I even have a spare!
If/when I ever need to use the "spare"... I plan to post a separate "How to manually reset neutral in an actuator" thread for these older actuators. maybe even with some photos...