• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

About how much does a D4D weigh with...

ScottNC

Best guess, the weight of a direct drive '67 78A D4D with blade, draw bar and ROPS. From a search I find what I think might be a bare weight of 11,000.

check

d4d 004.JPG I've never weighed my 1966 D4D 78A with angle blade, ROPS and winch. Bare weight means no blade I think and for that age machine possibly no ROPS. I would guess mine weighs just under 20,000 the way it is.

ScottNC

Check, my blade is quite a bit taller than yours, it looks to be off something else judging for the brackets that had to be removed to make room for the current ones. The blade attaches to the ends of the push bars with a pin. The threaded style tilt adjuster mounts on the right side top of the blade then angles down fairly sharply to about where the bracket with the hole is on yours.

O-R-H, mine has the cylinders mounted right up next to the radiator like Check's.

A farmer friend wants some trees cleared from around an old house so the fire dept. can burn it. He has a construction equipment style trailer and says 11K is okay, dunno about nearly 20.