• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

a step in thre right direction

Occupation
electrical contractor
thanks willie59 and bowen for your help i now have the pump removed and all critical marks made. is the rebuild something i can do or should it be left to someone professional? would a rebuilt one be better than having this one rebuilt? any contact names or numbers would be greatly appreciated also someone mentioned stuck fuel rack??????????????

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
I am just researching all this myself. I have learned enough to know I will NOT try to rebuild an injection pump. Special tools, very clean bench, and they talk about using "calibration fluid" on internal parts.
I never heard of calibration fluid.
I AM going to work on my cover with some of the easy to replace o-rings for small leaks, but no rebuild at all.
I don't really know a reputable shop, but I think Delphi has some service centers in Atalnta or Lawrencville.

I think I would prfer to have my own pump rebuilt if you know the history. But if yourr has 50K hours and you know it is totally shot, maybe a repair exchange deal would be a better choice.
Good luck.

mitch504

internal pump repairs are definitely not a diy project. I send my Ford/CAV pumps to Robinson Diesel in Candor NC. I just UPS them to him and he UPS's them right back. He does a very good job, for a very reasonable price, but he is semi retired and only does the jobs he wants now. He only wants to do Ford tractors, if he can avoid others.

I'll PM you his name and address

Last edited: