• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A rival for the M

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
um i'd rather have a skip and drag... but it looks nice i guess

Grader4me

I know a guy that has a tractor with a back blade, and he trys to maintain the beach road for his tenants. He trys hard but it doesn't work very well. A rig like this would work better.
Thanks for sharing.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I know a guy that has a tractor with a back blade, and he trys to maintain the beach road for his tenants. He trys hard but it doesn't work very well. A rig like this would work better.
Thanks for sharing.

You'd have to think it would be the ducks guts in small parking lots and the like??

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Cost??

Any idea how much it might cost with various configurations?

Regards AusDave

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Since it is targeted as a close quarters machine it would benefit a lot by having a blade or better yet a bucket on the front to get in the tight spots that can't be reached with the moldboard.Ron G

Dualie

I think a skip and a drag is much more versatile with the added benefits of being able to get all the way up into the corners and stockpile materials with the bucket.

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
Huber makes something similar. The tractor slightly longer than a standard tractor and it has a dozer blade up front. It is very handy for trimming along freshly poured curb as it can't do much damage and is very good for small parking lots. A loader tractor with a back drag is probably handier for most parking lot work but for precision (i.e. tennis courts) and street work the Huber is hard to beat.

http://www.huberohio.com/products/products.htm

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Nothing new about these. Allis Chalmers built them in the 40's. Hung a blade underneath an ag tractor with an extended front end to give more stability.

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
International too. Greg,do you think a separate manufacturer used farm tractors and made graders. I think I remember others as well as IHC and Allis.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Never saw an IHC set up like that and only a couple of Allis Chalmers. I can't say if that I know for sure if the blade kit was OEM or after market.

snapfruzen

Occupation
Grader since 1976,working at a coal mine with scra
In Oz they called these ag tractor graders with the extended frame "greyhound graders". In central Queensland about 20 klm east of Longreach there's a little town called Ilfracomb which has a free machinery museum and best of all at least 25 graders. About half are pull type, the rest self propelled. Two or three are "greyhounds". There is a 3,yes three, cylinder grader and a 3cylinder Cat dozer, both WWII vets. My favorite was a horse drawn machine with a long platform where you could walk to the back to adjust the rear axle. The operators seat was attached to the circle which was turned with a hand crank. Well worth a look if you're ever in this part of the world. I spent more time here than I did at the Longreach Stockman's Hall of fame. Too bad I didn't have a camera, kick, kick!

Motor Grader

Occupation
Technology Solutions Expert
In Oz they called these ag tractor graders with the extended frame "greyhound graders". In central Queensland about 20 klm east of Longreach there's a little town called Ilfracomb which has a free machinery museum and best of all at least 25 graders. About half are pull type, the rest self propelled. Two or three are "greyhounds". There is a 3,yes three, cylinder grader and a 3cylinder Cat dozer, both WWII vets. My favorite was a horse drawn machine with a long platform where you could walk to the back to adjust the rear axle. The operators seat was attached to the circle which was turned with a hand crank. Well worth a look if you're ever in this part of the world. I spent more time here than I did at the Longreach Stockman's Hall of fame. Too bad I didn't have a camera, kick, kick!

Well I for one think the blade under a tractor is just a terrible, terrible idea.:D