• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A little Ca work

Colorado Digger

How much are you paying for dyed diesel out there?I am paying $3.90 or so per gallon. Do you haul your on fuel daily? You must So you have a spot where you fill up with a card. Our drive is usually about 45 minutes long, so we hit the Co-op at 7am and are on the road bye 7 or so. I used to like to start earlier but up in Aspen you cannot start till 8am anyhow.
I will be out your way next week..Santa Rosa and Gualala

regards, cd

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I'll jump in on a small thread hi-jack. I paid $3.57 for off-road, $3.77 for on-road today.

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
I paid 3.79 this morning at my local card lock where I get a preferred customer price for being a long time and good customer ( I pay my bills on time ) also I dug the tank holes when the built 25yrs ago. This last job was 2hrs away so we just stayed in motels, 30 to 45 is the norm. I carry my fuel daily as a rule. Enjoy your trip out here, crab season is in full swing right now so you should have some good eats while your here. I am going out of Bodega Bay in the morning. I did a couple of jobs in Santa Rosa this past yr. How long you gonna be out here? Have a safe trip.

Colorado Digger

going crabbing in the morning? what a life! it must get old packing that much fuel for a 330, espescially if you are really getting after it.

ddigger

Occupation
going crabbing in the morning? what a life! it must get old packing that much fuel for a 330, espescially if you are really getting after it.

Its all I know, and I wouldnt trade it for anything, ok maybe for crabbing!

If you get close to the Auburn area let me know, I`ll buy lunch, dinner, a beer, what ever you might have time for, or come enjoy a meal here at the house, your choice.

Colorado Digger

Thanks for the invite! Don't know if I will be out that way on this trip, but I will try to plan a visit on one of my future trips. I remember a classic bar in Auburn i visited years ago.
Good look crabbing!

regards, Cd

ddigger

Occupation
This yr is looking very good we have allready started clearing for a small 15 lot subdivision. Have some demos and a 300 lot subdivision to start in Feb. Its still a bit wet so I have to pack everything to where we can load out. Hope the work picture for all of you is looking good as well.
IMAG00041.jpg
IMAG00051.jpg

JDOFMEMI

Glad to hear things are looking good.

This year may just be better than last.

Wolf

This yr is looking very good we have allready started clearing for a small 15 lot subdivision. Have some demos and a 300 lot subdivision to start in Feb. Its still a bit wet so I have to pack everything to where we can load out. Hope the work picture for all of you is looking good as well.
Brad:

Let me know when the demos get going in February. I got a big contract to take some more demo pictures and would love to get some shots of your jobs.

wolfiewolf@usa.com

ddigger

Occupation
Will do wolf. The last job also included abandoning an old hand dug well which we back filled with bentonite. And it also yeilded next yrs fire wood.
IMAG00062.jpg
IMAG00071.jpg

Wolf

filling the well

Will do wolf. The last job also included abandoning an old hand dug well which we back filled with bentonite. And it also yeilded next yrs fire wood.
View attachment 98922
View attachment 98923

The well it is pretty amazing.

The work in the stone is quite impressive.

Imagine the back breaking work of the people who built that by hand.

When do you think it was constructed and by whom.

Another really cool thing you encountered on the job.

Thanks for sharing.

ddigger

Occupation
Started a nice little demo today. Heres a little time line.
7:00 am
IMAG0016.jpgIMAG0014.jpg
12:00 pm
IMAG0020.jpg
4:00 pm
IMAG0021.jpg
I`ll have the rest on the ground in the morning and start loading out & pulling concrete in the afternoon.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice project. I wish I had the salvage rights to all that steel.

ddigger

Occupation
The office area in the front are stick built.
The old girl now has 22,685 hrs, had to put a new starter in last wk, Cat wouldnt stand behind the old one(original), go figure?
In only copper wire so far were at 4800.00 bucks.
I will let you know what the scrap brings when I am done.
This morning will be the start of day 3, did not haul yesterday but will today.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
dd, pretty impressive on that 320 with that many hours. Has the engine or hydraulic pump ever been overhauled?

The office area in the front are stick built.
The old girl now has 22,685 hrs, had to put a new starter in last wk, Cat wouldnt stand behind the old one(original), go figure?
In only copper wire so far were at 4800.00 bucks.
I will let you know what the scrap brings when I am done.
This morning will be the start of day 3, did not haul yesterday but will today.

JBGASH

Occupation
Looks good. When you get it in piles like that, will you load it with the 330L or a loader of some type? Is the demo work bid by the job or estimated tons or another method?
Its a 330l, and no never been touched.
Heres a shot of the end of day 3, jobs getting smaller.
View attachment 99786

ddigger

Occupation
I do it all with the excavator. Its bid by the job, but many things are considered in the process. I loaded out 5 steel loads and 4 loads of soft demo today.

JBGASH

Occupation
You & the 330L get some serious work done in a day. Are the loads you are referring too tandom axle dump truck loads? or fith wheel dump trailer loads? Do the soft demo loads go to a landfill? I just bid 2- 1200sq' houses w/ partial basements to demo at $3500/ house but did not get the job. There was no steel in them to salvage either. I was unsure of the amount of tons of soft demo that would be generated, is there a formula for estimating this amount ?
I do it all with the excavator. Its bid by the job, but many things are considered in the process. I loaded out 5 steel loads and 4 loads of soft demo today.