• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A few Issues on my 580K

RFD_Truckie

Sorry for the Hi jack Bartlanz, but I cant start a new forum, and this seemed like a good place to start. My family has purchased an older Case 580B (Told ya it was older). My first question is, what does the dang thing weigh... its 2wd. Second question, What should we be watching for? You know, the little thing that costs $2 to prevent but $2000 to repair?

Thanks
Jim

Bartlanz

Occupation
Field Service Engineer
LOL, not a prob RFD, most people just go and post something like "need to post to make my own"

For your weight, I would drive it over to your local transfer station... sand pit... scrap yard and get a real weight. I dont know off the top of my head what a 580b weighs... BUT according to this thread on some other site . it should weigh between 8k and 12k depending on options 4x4, extendahoe ect.

As for what to do to keep her going... its like a car... Regular oil chainges and grease the pieces... Check your hydro fluid to make sure its clean and not milky, wash it when you feel its due, and keep the bushings tight...

I can tell you that I bought my 580k 4x4, extenda-hoe, all glass for 12.5k last year, and have probably put an average of 300 to 400 bux a month into parts and other stuff just to get her back to her glory... If you let them, they will be a money pit... like a boat or plain... heck like any good hoby...

*muder muder muder* my problem is I have to many... guns, fountain pens, computers, backhoe, chainsaws, jeep, wife... its no wonder I am always broke ;-)

RFD_Truckie

I hear ya, I too am in the same boat... Wife, Kids, Truck, Motorcycle, Camper, Guns,,,,, But this is a family venture so we all pitch in, which makes it nice. Thanks for the info.

Jim