• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

988h no implement response

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Will post s/n soon machine was moving fine and both sticks went unresponsive check all fluids steering works fine solenoids On main control have 90 ohms with it running 3 ohms with key off on ground circuit. power side has 5 volts with key on or running neither change when controls are moved. Checked fuses. Plugged in et same code under engine and transmission ecm code was implement control update erratic. This is the odd part can't find anything in et with implements can't calibrate them can't watch them I don't have a book on anything with the electronic controls but have calibrated them with out issues. Any one feel like schooling me on these systems are these all ecm controlled what inputs. the lock out switch has good ground on 200 wires white and green both have 5 volts don't not remember the purple or other black . okay enough rambling any input welcome not familiar with these I'll post serial number asap.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Bxy 8xx for serial number if I could bum a schematic that might help or even just a pic of electrical components. Thanks hef

Cmark

So to summarise, your engine and tranny ECMs both know there's an implement ECM out there but they can't communicate with it, and also you can't see it in ET.

This gives us some possibilities;
  • The implement ECM isn't getting good power or ground. Maybe try jumping 24v straight to the appropriate pins on the ECM.
  • The CDL wiring has a problem. Check continuity of the twisted pair between the implement ECM and the other control modules.
  • The ECM is faulty. Unlikely.

If you PM me an email address, I'll be happy to send you the schematic.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Thanks cmark I didn't spend much time on machine with out any information but I new I could find some here. Where is implement ecm located and is that what it should be called in et program? Pm sent

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Thanks cmark I didn't spend much time on machine with out any information but I new I could find some here. Where is implement ecm located and is that what it should be called in et program? Pm sent

I've been away from working in ET too long so I'll leave those questions to Cmark or others. But at least I can point to the ECM for you

It is in the platform out the right side of the cab near the front. Below is a picture of the platform out of the parts book. The one I marked red is the implement, the one next to it still white is the powertrain ECM. One thing I do recall from years ago is the 988H we had at the quarry the position sensor got knocked off and despite not being damaged would not let the hydraulics function till it was re-calibrated. Seems it over-stroked the sensor and the ECM got upset and refused to work!988h ecm.png

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
You guys are going to make me look professional today lol thanks for help I'll update later