• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

983 loader

Bob/Ont

Iam looking for a cat 983 loader for sale.

They are scarce around here now. Rumbel had one or two out in Mississauga. Haven't seen much of them for years. Last around was a fleet of them owned by Wally D Spinno out of Montreal, Contract miners, blast and haul rock. They all had side dump buckets, half home made LH dump. They did a lot of work on James Bay hydro dams and did most of the rock work at Darlington. I was down to the end of the cooling tunnel, 35 feet down and a quarter mile out under the lake, watching one work. Got bad headache from blasting smoke/gas.
Later Bob

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
76,000#, how would one move that! And does cat still carry rail components? That would be a pig to work on.

Chum Duffy

Occupation
Owner of Duffy Inc excavating and trucking co.
are you still looking for a good 983 if so call me at 814 598 0402 jim duffy

cajunblood

Hi I am new here. I have a 2005 T-190 Bobcat. Had to charge battery to get started and now control button to activate controls does not come on or engage system. Can someone help>?