• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

980b cutting edge.....

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
5k5385 bucket part number
89p3217 machine serial number it's got straight edge with Bolt on edge anyone know the most likely edge to use.
9k-1619 is base edge I'm guessing but didn't come up with anything looking for bolts nuts centers and end bits it's got three bolts per peace it does look factory quality that's hef

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not sure how close your nearest Cat dealer is, guessing Milton Cat? But might be worth seeing if they can have a, I believe they call them these days, PSR? stop out and look at the bucket.

Just thinking that with a machine of that vintage expecting something like bucket cutting edge to be original could be dangerous. No telling what has been done to the bucket over the years, a torch and welder and all bets are off!

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Yes GET bolt on is what I'm looking for. Im going to find my paper copy of one source book and take some pictures and measurements of what i got today.
Did the 980b have option for straight edge with Bolt on GET? THANKS GUYS if i don't come up with something I'll get a sales rep out.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Did the 980b have option for straight edge with Bolt on GET?
That's what the illustration in Post #3 above shows. Right now I can't find a link between a bucket with that P/N edge and the P/N of the bolt-on adapters, locks, & tips but there has to be one out there somewhere.
If you can post up the measurements shown in the illustration below I'll have a dig in my GET book.

upload_2021-12-15_16-17-26.png

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
This is what I'm working with 2 bolt shanks with the wear plates in-between is what it was originally designed for i figure now looking at it. I'll get a picture of corners and measurements later today

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Something like this then .............

upload_2021-12-15_22-9-54.png
Can you get the measurements:-
1. Between the bolt hole centres for the adapters.
2. Between the bolt hole centres for the wear plates between the adapters
3. Bolt hole diameter - I assume they are all the same.