• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

966 F brake replacement

Jonas302

966f ser 4yg00660 Need to put brake pads seals ect in front end does anyone have service manual information or tips for this job any special tools required?
Thanks in advance
Jonas

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
It's late so to make this brief you do know that model has the inboard brakes right?

First step to work on the brakes is to remove axle from loader then split the ends of axles off the differential housing!

Jonas302

Thanks for the reply Yes I knew it had inboards I was afraid that axle removal was the the first move trying to think of the best way to get blocked up and out of there will have to look at more in the morning

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
First remove the 2 long bleed screws in the top of the axle so you don't break them off. Block the machine on the front frame behind the axle where it is close to the ground. You can lift it with the bucket. Then remove the wheels and drop the axle down and out one side. The other method is to leave the tires on and roll it out the front but I find it easier to get rid of the wheels first.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I also want the service manual for this. Can you provide me this?
I wasn't offering the OP a complete Service Manual, just the pages referring to the procedure to disassemble and reassemble the brakes. For a complete Service Manual in paper form you need to be looking at somewhere like eBay.

Here's an example ........ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpillar...vice-Manual-/311421964643?hash=item4882321163
or this one ............ http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-Caterpi...vice-Manual-/380720551153?hash=item58a4b694f1