• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

96 mustang 940 skid loader foot control problem

mikes1996

I have a 96 mustang 940E skid loader and the foot controls will only work part of the time. you will be sitting in the cab of the loader and hear a clicking noise and the control will just stop working then it will do it again and the come back on. i was wondering if anybody would have a idea of whats going on.

Occupation
I operate our pit, as well as deliver materials, a
Mustang 940 e pedal

What you've got going on here is an intermittent electrical connection going to the solenoid release for the pedal lock. If you remove the seat, and locate the valve assy, you will see a bank of electronics. These are armatures that pull the locks off. Either find the electrical problem(could be a faulty relay inside engine compartment) or it also could be a loose harness plug. Also if you remove the electrical bank, and take the top off the valves, you can remove the pedal lock pushrods completely to disable them.:bash

mikes1996

When it started to happen i took the seat off and noticed that the guy that had it before me had cut the wires off of the seat safty and the seat belt safty and wired them together. I got some plugs and wired everything back how it should be and it still did it. Then today i went out and started it up and everything worked fine all day. I really need to get the problem fixed for the winter so i can plow snow with it. Im going to check all the plugs again. Do you think it could be a weak solenoid?

willy (traer)

I know this is an old tread but I am experiencing that same problem (although not intermittent - permanent). The strange thing is that the aux hydraulic is not locked just the boom and bucket controls. Any ideas? Not sure if there is a problem in the key switch but the previous owner had to run a wire from the back of the switch to the fuel relay I believe. This has to be plugged in when starting and running and unplugged to stop the machine. Need to get that fixed for sure but was wondering if the key switch could also be part of the problem with the solenoid locks?

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
I know this is an old tread but I am experiencing that same problem (although not intermittent - permanent). The strange thing is that the aux hydraulic is not locked just the boom and bucket controls. Any ideas? Not sure if there is a problem in the key switch but the previous owner had to run a wire from the back of the switch to the fuel relay I believe. This has to be plugged in when starting and running and unplugged to stop the machine. Need to get that fixed for sure but was wondering if the key switch could also be part of the problem with the solenoid locks?

The auxiliary doesn't have a lock, only lift and tilt do, auxiliaries can't squish you, lift and tilt can!

Last edited: