• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955l yoke plate bolts broken

freehole

It looks like there is four bolts that hold a big plate on that keeps it in line. That's broken off and they've welded a piece on to keep it from moving I guess. Are these bolts actually able to be drilled and tap do you think. Or should I just buy another yoke? Or even weld another plate where that plate bolted up to? This is a farm unit not worked everyday thank you in advance.IMG_20200616_181341.jpg IMG_20200616_181344.jpg IMG_20200616_181344.jpg IMG_20200616_181341.jpg

Delmer

Try to weld a nut to them first, as hot and fast as you can, then smack the center with a ball peen hammer once hard,then try to unscrew them once completely cool. If they're not too deep, or too rusted they'll turn right out.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
296479EE-EF91-45A6-9C60-F3AA68C75EAD.jpeg What it looks like to me is the track kept collapsing so they welded a block on to hold the idler out
1. Jack idler out to here .original plate 3 went here .Another plate 2 was welded between 3and 4 . I have seen-and done similar before

freehole

Thanks everyone did not think of any of that! I'm going to get to work on it very soon. Appreciate all the feedback. it's a work in progress Sooner or later all the younger carriage is going to get replaced.

freehole

Ty so much, I have ordered the track alignment plate and shims. Not really sure except to make it so that they're straight do I need to do anything else regarding alignment?

freehole

I just bought the parts manual ,now I'm looking for a service manual, thank you for all your help!