• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953c oil change and skid pan clean out

ncmoore77

Hi all
I need to change the oil in my 953c
The operators manual says to remove access cover from bottom
Are they talking about the whole skid plate or is it a smaller door in the bottom to remover for oil changes
If there is a assess panel can I wash the dirt out of the bottom pan through that hole also
Thanks for any help

heymccall

Yup. Small two bolt access panel with hole sized around diameter of a soft ball. 3/8" bolts (9/16" head) IIRC. Drain has petcock on it. Debris is best handled by full pan removal, but, you can try to rinse debris out that hole.

sealark37

Occupation
Retired pilot, old equipment mechanic
Your loader left the factory with the access hole described above. Even if it is still there, and not field modified like mine, you will be ahead in terms of time and frustration if you lower the belly pan to clean it out and drain the engine oil. Place a floor jack under the rear edge of the pan, and remove the bolts that hold it in place. Once it is lowered, pressure wash the pan and protected area. This makes the oil drain a piece of cake. The pan is hinged at the front. Use the jack to push the pan back into place.

Reactions: DB2

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
And above all, be very careful when lowering the pan before cleaning it. More than one person has been seriously injured or killed as a result of guards falling on them.

X2.

There is no need to lower the belly pan to change the oil use the access cover as described.

Lowering the belly pan is a whole 'nuther issue as Nige described and can be very dangerous. We pull our 953 into the yard once a year and drop the belly pan for cleaning. We have all the tools and a flat spot at our yard to safely do it.