• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953c codes

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Definitely. Additionally the 070F03 fault relates to the brake switch for the transmission control. IMHO either one could cause the loader to kick in & out of gear. Do the troubleshooting for the 070F03 fault first. Once you have that fixed, do the calibration to clear the 299F13 Code. That may fix your problem without any need to buy parts.

You have more mail ..........

komtech1

Trying to help a friend with a 953c s/n cat0953cc2zn05031. It has 2 codes: 079 0466.13 and 079 0168.04. It also has the transmission alert light on the dash flashing. The light will go off at even the slightest depression of the left brake pedal. Any insight would be appreciated.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
079 is the transmission control. Faults in that control will cause the transmission alert light to flash.
0466.13 is Left Track Steering Pedal Position sensor needs calibration. That would appear to be your problem.
0168.04 is system voltage blow normal. I'd guess at some time the machine has had a battery, alternator, or fan belt problem. I'd also guess that code is not active right now - in other words when you scroll through the codes and that one comes up the "SERV CODE" light on the RH corner of the instrument panel doesn't light up.

With your symptoms it would appear that a re-cal on the left pedal sensor is what you need. Give me an e-mail address and I'll fire one off to you.

Bob/Ont

Be aware new alarms are polarity sensitive unlike many old ones. Check for voltage and ground first then get the new one hooked up with black to ground.
Later Bob

komtech1

Thanks.

079 is the transmission control. Faults in that control will cause the transmission alert light to flash.
0466.13 is Left Track Steering Pedal Position sensor needs calibration. That would appear to be your problem.
0168.04 is system voltage blow normal. I'd guess at some time the machine has had a battery, alternator, or fan belt problem. I'd also guess that code is not active right now - in other words when you scroll through the codes and that one comes up the "SERV CODE" light on the RH corner of the instrument panel doesn't light up.

With your symptoms it would appear that a re-cal on the left pedal sensor is what you need. Give me an e-mail address and I'll fire one off to you.

My e-mail is stevewells9492@gmail.com I would appreciate info on re calibrating the brake pedal and also on clearing the codes. Thanks.