• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

943 questions

john.G

well, questions about a 943, not 943 seperate questions...

Does anyone know...

What the SWL would be? Ritchiespecs give a static tipping load of 8032 KG /17,707 lb for the 943, 8440 kg/ 18607 lb for a 955L, 8749 kg/ 19288lb for a 953. Static tipping isnt SWL, but what... divide by 2? I seem to remember a rating of around 4t on a 955L years ago.

What a new 943 was worth back in the day? (Idle curiosity that one, I know it has no relevance to a 25 year old machine)

I'm going toy looking... this one is close to home which is worth something, though I've been looking for a 955L in good order for a while. Im really trying to get a grip on if a 943 can do what I need it to, which is load tree lengths logs on a truck and occasionally drag one out of the bushes if the skidder is unavailable. I know a 955L is capable of handling the lifting duties (80/20 rule thing... we get the odd log that can stand a 977 on its nose but most of them sit around the 3 ton mark).

I figure based on the static tippings theres not much in it between the three of them in terms of what they can manage before it gets tippy. Hystat would be more manoverable on a landing... but that old gear drive wont have overheating problems if shes towing a load up a hill.

Many thanks in advance