• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

872deere

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • i dont know any of this means

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

len740

Occupation
equipment operator
had a chance to demo this machine vary nice . Smooth tranny, exellent visibility, and comtfort. lots of power and smooth controls.

first posting of pictures lets see if it works

comment if it does or not

Attachments

• lisa pictures 027.jpg
    lisa pictures 027.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 695
  • lisa pictures 031.jpg
    lisa pictures 031.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 690
  • lisa pictures 032.jpg
    lisa pictures 032.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 693
  • lisa pictures 033.jpg
    lisa pictures 033.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 688
  • lisa pictures 030.jpg
    lisa pictures 030.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 696

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Where's your dealer at, I see that has NORTRAX stickers and I didn't know they had any stores up there.

I AM IRONMAN

Occupation
Sales & Consultant Rep.
Len
Did you get a chance to really work that machine?
How about in six wheel drive?
How do you compare the Deere 872G against the Cat M's that you have run?
Thanks

curb slayer

Len
Did you get a chance to really work that machine?
How about in six wheel drive?
How do you compare the Deere 872G against the Cat M's that you have run?
Thanks

ironman i have had ago on the 772gp john deere with the new controls and and loved it, the six wheel drive works great,i really gave the machine a heavy work out ,with turning a large windrow out and deep ripping. loved the transmission so smooth,very well built,nice cab.They have dropped the front windows below the floor level,better vision.The new controls work just like grader controls should ,not like the m.I think john deere has listened to the complaints on the m's and has built the gp,you really need to get a demo on this machine,it is the best grader i have operated to date ,alot better the m series and a lot cheaper

len740

Occupation
equipment operator
curb slayer,the872g was a nice machine,the six wheel drive is impresive.rear scarifier works great gets the job done well.would have liked to try gp controls. getting new 870g any day now, one way plow,wing,dozer blade,rear scarifier. this is replacing old 740 series4 champion. post pic when it arrives.

curb slayer

would have liked to try gp controls.

The gp control are very easy to adjust to, the controls have two differant movements to the normal controls. blade slide is still forward and back and side to side is steering both on the same lever.blade roll is forward and back and side to side is rippers up and down on the same lever.The demo model had a reverse camera fitted,so when you selected reverse the dash screen would switch to camera mode.blade shims are now adjustable and circle adjustment is easier.one small thing i liked was the lights in the engine compartment for checking over the engine and oil on those dark mornings.

len740

Occupation
equipment operator
curb slayer, good to know about gp controls.our demo had rear camera also nice feature.Have you tried adjusting circle or blade?,does it keep adjustment.The auto diff lock works well. Impressive machine i think