• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

863F Valve lock

Axel

I've got an 863F with AHC.
Drives fine but no tilt or lift. Valve lock light does not turn on at all(not blinking):confused:

back-story
The tilt and lift was locking out whenever I used the tilt so I replaced the tilt actuator which was full of hydraulic oil with a new one.
While at it I also resealed both the tilt and lift spools.
(and replaced the shield/kick-plate and gas sprigs for the drive linkage.)

Once I put everything back together, the valve lock would no longer turn on at all.
*I checked all the grounds I could find.
*cleaned harnesses that were less than new looking inside
*installed new heavier gauge ground cables to the new battery.
*I then bought a new BICS valve lock solenoid, still no difference.
*Then a new BICS controller, no difference.
*and most recently a new AHC controller, no difference.

Thinking that maybe the new actuator the dealer sent was somehow not right I just plugged in the old one yesterday which I cleaned very well.
but still nothing.

Below is a Schematic for wiring going in and out of the AHC controller.
My readings where inconsistent with many of the values in this schematic which is why I bought a new AHC controller.
I'm planning to do the readings again soon to record and post here.
863F Service Manual.jpg

Axel

I was able to test the wires by having the AHC controller in the cab with the engine running and the seat bar down.
I sliced lengthwise into the wires so that I could get my volt meter probe in.

something that I noticed while I was walking my dog after the test was that the tilt cylinder had moved halfway from being fully extended to fully retracted.
and the lift cylinders had moved up about 3" from resting on the orange safety bar.
I did not see the "Valve lock" light on during any of the testing

here are the results:
AHC results.jpg

Last edited: