• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

stevep3916

i have bought an 863 bobcat with advanced hand controls from a friend the bobcat quit on him wouldnt restart nothing in cab had any power i have replaced battery cleaned all battery cables and ground connections checked main 100 amp power fuse all ok at fuse block power to all fuses and relays machine will turn over if i bridge over starter relay display on the left in cab sez input only cant get 1 conn off controller in the bottom left panel appears nut is turning on backside of conn best i can get fron bobcat dealer is bring your check book and come on down which is a 4 hour trip 1 way any body have any ideas thanks steve

crewchief888

i have bought an 863 bobcat with advanced hand controls from a friend the bobcat quit on him wouldnt restart nothing in cab had any power i have replaced battery cleaned all battery cables and ground connections checked main 100 amp power fuse all ok at fuse block power to all fuses and relays machine will turn over if i bridge over starter relay display on the left in cab sez input only cant get 1 conn off controller in the bottom left panel appears nut is turning on backside of conn best i can get fron bobcat dealer is bring your check book and come on down which is a 4 hour trip 1 way any body have any ideas thanks steve

you shouldnt be seeing "input" on the display at anytime.

either the controller is bad or you have main wiring harness problems

if you cant get the connectors off the controller,
no way to replace the harness, and the controller is probably trashed as well.

you can replace the harness and controller yourself,
but it will have to be programmed by an authorized bobcat dealer with bobcat service software

either way it's gonna cost you money.

disconnect the LH panel and check for power AND ground on the red or red/white wires and the black wire at the connector

:drinkup