• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

855 Cummins--Water Pump ,getting tube with O ring installed----???? no luck yet here

LeakyBoot

Put on a new water pump and the simple task of slipping the water tube with O ring into place has me stopped cold. Everything is clean and I put O ring on the tube, lubed, and try to gently work into place but so far has cut or broken the O ring 3 times. There must be a trick to this?? I used tire bead lube the last time and still the same. I must be doing this wrong. I'm trying to push it in straight down with a tiny jiggle as I do. Any pro's out there? I'm at present out of O rings but will restock soon. Thanks, LB

td25c

Thats odd leakyboot. I would suspect a sharp edge on the new water pump. They usually push in fairly easy with some lube . I have used silcone RTV in the past and worked fine. Its pretty slick plus helps seal after it sets up.