1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

844 lull issue

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by mws_1984, Aug 12, 2017.

1. mws_1984

mws_1984 Active Member

Not exactly sure how to describe it. But it seems on most 844 lulls that if you have the boom raised up and level the machine sometimes coming down something locks up and causes the machine to jerk. I think something in one of the pistons to level the machine gets locked up. That's best I can describe it. It seems to happen in alot of the ones I've used. So probably a lingering problem all around?

2. barklee

barklee Senior Member

What you are feeling is the rear oscillation lock out disengaging when the boom comes down below a 40 degree angle. Totally normal.

3. mws_1984

mws_1984 Active Member

Sometimes it is quite a forceful jerk to the machine. Even coming down slow. Cause I can tell when it might happen. It's never good when you have a load on it.