• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

79U3437 D3 Dozer reinventing the wheel

Dave the pool guy

Thinking outside the box. Could a man plumb the steering clutch mechanism into the hydraulic system I’m assuming that the pressures are too high, so could you have a regulator involved? Doesn’t seem like that would be that difficult but I don’t know if there’s a specific reason why they chose to Operate that mechanism from the transmission

Dave Neubert

Why would you want to do that you all ready have a source of pressure from the transmission. you don't need much flow so plumbing into the hydraulic system makes no seance

Welder Dave

I'd guess because it doesn't need much flow or pressure. Would need a major flow restrictor and pressure reduction.