• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

753 blue/white smoke

J4casey

Early to mid 90's 753 bobcat. Bought it as a spare. When I got it,the fuel rail was broke and injectors possible. Replaced both,new,runs,but weak,with smoke. Please help. Also can't find serial#. Tag is missing. I tried to order lift cylinder kit for machine,bobcat sent wrong one. With the serial # the guy sold it to me gave wrong part. Think the # is for a 763. Could have the wrong injectors also.

frogfarmer

Engine could be worn, valves could need adjustment, engine could be damaged from ether use. Injectors could be wrong. BC dealer can tell you exactly where the unit has the serial number stamped. Some were stamped above and to the right of the chain case fill plug in the front. I would verify the serial number before I went any further. With no tag and given a bogus number by the seller the unit could be less than legal. If it is stolen you dont want to lose any more money. Skids are the most stolen construction unit in the world.

andrew88

Sounds like a bad injector.. To find the serial number clean off the front of the machine well. Put boom in air and put cyl guard in place. Than look along the black portion of the front of the machine and you will find the 9 digit serial number. and if you want your bobcat dealer can lookup to see if its stolen, or atleast if it has been reported stolen.