• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

700J dozer cab conversion… Will it work?

PineTreeAssassin

Looking at purchasing a complete cab off of a salvage 700J for for my open station 700J. Curious to know what all is is needed to complete the swap. Ac compressor,bracket, Maybe different wiring harness? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Btad

Looking at purchasing a complete cab off of a salvage 700J for for my open station 700J. Curious to know what all is is needed to complete the swap. Ac compressor,bracket, Maybe different wiring harness? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just got a 650J and was thinking about doing the same thing what kind of price did you fight on the cab I'll be watching this thread to see what they say

bigbudsr67

Replaced my open cat with a enclosed cab from Diamond. Could not find a dismantled D5m and after looking into what it would take to take everything off of it would be a lot of work compared to the Diamond cab that comes with everything but the cat brackets for the compressor. Had to do a little fab work, not perfect but looks great and works. Just need my screens upgraded. Heard prices have gone up though since I bought mine.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64

Btad

Replaced my open cat with a enclosed cab from Diamond. Could not find a dismantled D5m and after looking into what it would take to take everything off of it would be a lot of work compared to the Diamond cab that comes with everything but the cat brackets for the compressor. Had to do a little fab work, not perfect but looks great and works. Just need my screens upgraded. Heard prices have gone up though since I bought mine.
If you don't mind me asking what was the cost of it for you by the time you were done

bigbudsr67

It was $11,500 shipped to CA, Just had to have the AC hoses crimped and same guy filled the ac and fired it up . Came with AC, Heater, cab light, Stereo and had the cab powered coat black, Bought the compressor brackets from Cat and did the install myself with a forklift.

Attachments

• IMG_4959.jpg
    IMG_4959.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

Btad

It was $11,500 shipped to CA, Just had to have the AC hoses crimped and same guy filled the ac and fired it up . Came with AC, Heater, cab light, Stereo and had the cab powered coat black, Bought the compressor brackets from Cat and did the install myself with a forklift.
nice looking job
i was hopping to keep it around 5k looks like that wont happen
thanks for the info