• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

67' 580CK cylinder leak questons+

Freedom6178

Hi all, I just got this 580CK and have a bunch of questions... The motor was recently rebuilt I'm told I'm not 100% sure. I can tell the Head has been rebuilt and the injectors have been refurbished and or replaced. The injector pump was replaced/rebuilt too. This thing runs like a top.. Now the down side I have a lot of leaking hoses and a few cylinders that need to be rebuilt. One is the main ram that drives the tipper??? the one that starts at the base of the hoe and goes all the way to the top and makes the arm bend in the middle.. Sorry for my lack of knowledge this is my first piece of equipment like this.. I need to learn how to re-size pics and I'll post some tonight/tomorrow:Banghead. This cylinder is leaking not from the ram(chrome part) but from the gland nut (think that's what its called) it looks like the seal on the ram was replaced. Not sure how to go about this I know i can beg or borrow the tools to fix this.

Anyone know a program i can re size photos with?

Thanks in advance

Freedom6178

Thanks willie59. I see i screwed up and put this in the wrong place :( I'll re-post it in the Backhoe forum..