• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

657g rollover

DPete

Does'nt look all that steep in the pics, the scraper was probably loading on the downhill side and maybe a ledge at the toe started it over. You can see where the front tires slid down the slope. Pucker factor for sure. Good pics of a common safety hazzard

JDOFMEMI

I agree with DPete. Don't look like anything I would not load on. Looks to me like the front scraper had just lifted up to transfer loading to the back. Maybe he lifted the can too high, and then looks like he spun tires and slid down over the small windrow and that, coupled with the can too high, upset things.
I have had operators do the same thing, and with the same results. Usually operator error is involved, but then again, the boss should not have them on a slope if they don't have the skills. Problem I have had is the ones you tell to stay off the edge sometimes do it anyway to show you they can. Then when they tip it over, they get fired, but it is too late for the scraper, and the mechanics are going to be mad.

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
we tend to use dozers on the batters over here let the adt's tip it and cut it with a blade or an excavator depending on how the rails are set. i hope the guy in the scraper was ok

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Low banks are dangerous

It's nearly always on low banks where roll overs occur :pointhead. On a high bank, much more caution is observed :(

windrow

I would be so fired in australia, i have no idea what they are saying.
the operator should have turned down into the ditch. It takes a fair amount of experience to "feel" just when to do that. But if they were push pulling when this happened you probably could not do that for fear of tearing up your partners bail. It also looks like the loose chunks did not help either. Damn the lazy blademen.