• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

627G auger system

cameroncivil

All, need advice on whether the auger system can be removed from the bowl of a 627G and i can use the scraper normally? Or once it is an auger scraper it is always an auger scraper? what are the positives and negatives of auger bowls? I will be working in topsoil and clay.
Thanks
Tony

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi,yes you could remove the auger system but why would you want to?
1/remove auger pump system from rear of transmission and cap off hoses,fit adapter plate to remount cushion hitch pump
2/remove auger frame with gearbox and auger and cap off hoses
3/remove lower auger bearing and cap off to protect opening in floor
4/modify rear sliding door (contoured to fit auger) to eject material
5/fit push /pull attachment and purchase 2nd scraper to load machine. ha, ha

material entry into bowl may not load properly due to hump in floor where lower auger bearing normally sits
topsoil works well with auger but we used to have trouble with certain types of clay build up on the flights
when working in granitic sand we found the flights used to wear out pretty quickly so we used to hard face visual wear areas, this retained a layer of material and protected the flights from excessive wear

cameroncivil

hi,yes you could remove the auger system but why would you want to?
1/remove auger pump system from rear of transmission and cap off hoses,fit adapter plate to remount cushion hitch pump
2/remove auger frame with gearbox and auger and cap off hoses
3/remove lower auger bearing and cap off to protect opening in floor
4/modify rear sliding door (contoured to fit auger) to eject material
5/fit push /pull attachment and purchase 2nd scraper to load machine. ha, ha

material entry into bowl may not load properly due to hump in floor where lower auger bearing normally sits
topsoil works well with auger but we used to have trouble with certain types of clay build up on the flights
when working in granitic sand we found the flights used to wear out pretty quickly so we used to hard face visual wear areas, this retained a layer of material and protected the flights from excessive wear

Thanks for that advice, your right, i dont really want to remove the auger, BUT if it doesnt work as well as expected i can remove it and work the machine as a normal open bowl unit, and i havent wasted $350k on an experiment! i have the option of buying a standard open bowl scraper for the same money, so sitting on fence which way i buy

Regards

Tony

johan7

627F (4).jpg627F (24).jpg

Hello . you will not be the first one who removes the auger system . Found this 627 in France several years ago . The owner removed the system because it did not give much advantage in his particular soil . As you see the machine gets a good load in DRY clay and in the hands of a GOOD operator .
To my opinion they made some kind of short circuit with the hydraulic lines .
have a nice day johan7

Brainzie

Thank you everyone for your advice, I went ahead and bought the 627G with the Auger. It runs extremely well, I am impressed.
Regards
Tony[/QUOTE

you wont regret it, Magic in the sand those things, sticky clay can be a pain, if it is just check the auger pressures, and turn them up so it pushes the stuck clay off the auger if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Brainzie

:) :cool2 :)

Attachments

• DSCF1375.jpg
    DSCF1375.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF1370.jpg
    DSCF1370.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF1369.jpg
    DSCF1369.jpg