• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

624H Deere Loader hydraulic switch and gauges dont work

mattyt1984

I have a Deere 624 H loader and in order to operate you need to hold the hydraulic switch down. The hydraulics do not stay on unless you hold in on the switch. The other issue is the gauges do not work. When you turn the key to run they will do the gauge sweep but while running they are not powered up the needle stays all the way to the left. Any ideas of what could cause these issues?

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
Check your harness grounds .The hydraulic switch works a latching relay which will not work without a good ground.

TNB

Occupation
P-on
I have a Deere 624 H loader and in order to operate you need to hold the hydraulic switch down. The hydraulics do not stay on unless you hold in on the switch. The other issue is the gauges do not work. When you turn the key to run they will do the gauge sweep but while running they are not powered up the needle stays all the way to the left. Any ideas of what could cause these issues?
Or maybe a switched power fuse?

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
The best idea would be to get a schematic for the electrical and hydraulic system and learn how to read them. It sounds like something simple but in my experience the weirder the problem the more likely its a ground. Also check harness connectors for voltage drops.(bad connections)

TNB

Occupation
P-on
The best idea would be to get a schematic for the electrical and hydraulic system and learn how to read them. It sounds like something simple but in my experience the weirder the problem the more likely its a ground. Also check harness connectors for voltage drops.(bad connections)

I agree with the schematic but it sounds like a switched power fuse issue to me seeing as holding the pilot enable switch down sends battery voltage to the enable solenoid and none of the gauges work but they do the check sweep (unswitched, again). Check F7 and F11, these are your monitor and CCU Switched fuses, respectively.

mattyt1984

Thank you it was the ground causing the hydraulic switch to not operate. However my gauges do not work only when it is doing the gauge sweep. Any ideas on this. The push button display works as it should but not gauges or dummy lights except for at gauge sweep. The plugs seem to be in good condition. There is only about 15 wires with 2 plugs that plug into the dash. How does this few wires operate all the gauges and lights within the dash? DOes anyone have a wireing diagram for this dash assembly Deere number AT170314.

Saltspring Chad

I am having the exact same problem and I found one wire with a large brass loop terminal. I'm going to try grounding it and see if it helps unless you know where it is supposed to go?16973117198073700937075195931691.jpg
Thank you it was the ground causing the hydraulic switch to not operate. However my gauges do not work only when it is doing the gauge sweep. Any ideas on this. The push button display works as it should but not gauges or dummy lights except for at gauge sweep. The plugs seem to be in good condition. There is only about 15 wires with 2 plugs that plug into the dash. How does this few wires operate all the gauges and lights within the dash? DOes anyone have a wireing diagram for this dash assembly Deere number AT17031

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Chad;)!

All the fuses good (F4 and F7 in particular)? Check to make sure voltage passes through the fuse, not just a visual check. Does the monitor do anything when keying on, like bulb check or gauges swing through there travel? Does the display in the monitor work?

Saltspring Chad

Welcome to HEF Chad;)!

All the fuses good (F4 and F7 in particular)? Check to make sure voltage passes through the fuse, not just a visual check. Does the monitor do anything when keying on, like bulb check or gauges swing through there travel? Does the display in the monitor work?
The gauges do a sweep from left to center and then back to the left. And as far as I can tell with my snap-on test light that reads out voltage. I have got good voltage on all fuses but I will check the ones you've mentioned in particular. The digital display works as it is designed to work without flaw I will have to double check the bulb check, but I believe that works as well